Sunday, July 4, 2010

Barefoot Contessa

I am a huge fan of The Barefoot Contessa! Her recipes are special. They always make your family and friends feel like you went the extra mile. And isn't that the point? Food should nourish the body and the soul.



Still searching for a recipe to take to your July 4th picnic?



I highly recommend Ina's Flag Cake. Yes, there are a million variations of flag cakes, but this is the one to try. I took this cake to a picnic last summer and received a marriage proposal!





And this Strawberry County Cake is one of my go-to favorites! It is not only delicious, but the presentation is just lovely.






Ina Garten invites you into her home and shows you how to make guests feel warm and wecome with her delicious recipes and gracious style. You can find more of Ina's recipes on The Food Network. (Photos from The Food Network)


Enjoy!



Psss... And just in case you were wondering, I'm already very happily married and I think the guy who proposed is married as well. I think he just wanted to eat more cake. But that sure would have made a great story if we'd fallen in love over a cake!


I'm linking to...

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Ina too! (I have all of her books.)

Megan said...

My favorite Barefoot Contessa recipe is Herb-Marinated Pork Tenderloin. The marinade is so easy and the flavor is fresh and lemony. My husband says that it's like a "flavor-bomb" in your mouth.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/herb-marinated-pork-tenderloins-recipe/index.html