Wednesday, September 8, 2010

We have a sign!

We needed a sign for our Tag Sale. We are trying to do as much recycling and repurposing as possible, so obviously, we were not going to buy a sign.



I've had this shutter in my garage for awhile. I always knew it would make a great sign. I just wasn't sure what it would say. I think this is proof positive that my garage stash is there for a reason!




I painted it our colors, blue and tan, then stenciled it with Elizabeth & Co. Vintage.








My husband added the hooks and chain. I think he's actually starting to enjoy having a part in some of my projects.







So now we have a sign to hang out on our porch whenever we're having a sale. ... That is, if we actually survive the first one!
I'm linking to...


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

3 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks perfect! i have a sign i take with me to lucketts that is made from an old cupboard door! i hand painted it a few years ago and i think it needs an update. maybe before next luckett's! you've inspired me to get on top if it! everything looks amzing, sharon. i can't wait to hear all about it- i know you girls are going to do so well. you have so much to be proud of and have worked so hard!!! i even feel like a proud mama for you!

Home Hinges said...

I love this sign and the colors you chose are perfect. Too bad I am on the wrong side of the country or I would visit your sale in a heartbeat.
April @ homehinges.com

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I love your sign and I love your front porch!! I wish I could have went to your sale.