Friday, March 11, 2011

Feeling Blue Inspiration

Today I have the pleasure of guest posting over at Primitive & Proper. I hope you are following Cassie's series called A Colorful World. Cassie has invited some blog friends to share inspiration about their favorite colors. I'm thrilled to be included!
Thanks Cassie!



My favorite color is most definitely blue. All shades of blue. There are so many choices. I love them all. I even have a t-shirt that says
I Bleed Blue and White!
(Ok, that actually has nothing to do with paint or decorating,
but it's one more reason that I love blue!)






But seriously, I'm not the only one who loves blue. Blue is universally the most popular color and the overwhelming choice of men. Consider that the color blue covers most of the earth and surrounds us every single day. Mother Nature knew exactly what she was doing. Lighter shades of blue make us feel peaceful, calm and relaxed. Darker shades convey a sense of importance and confidence. The "something blue" in bridal tradition represents love.





And if you think blue just doesn't work for you, ask yourself this.
How many pair of jeans do you own?How often do you wear them?
Is there any style, color or accessory that doesn't work
with a pair of jeans?
I think you have your answer.


Blue is the perfect color!






Now head on over to Primitive & Proper and check out my post on blue inspiration and the entire series on color. It really is A Colorful World!


5 comments:

Leda said...

My family bleeds 'blue & white' too! Go Cougs! Thanks for sharing Primitive & Proper...I hadn't stumbled upon that one yet!

Cassie Bustamante said...

thanks so much, sharon! i enjoyed your post in all its blue loveliness! i appreciate your time and effort. have agreat weekend!

Andi said...

Just saw your post over at Primitive and Proper. I'm now a follower!

Patti's Artful Design said...

You, definitely, have the blues, Sharon:)! Just read your post at Primitive and Proper....just wonderful! Thank you so much for stopping by with those kind comments. Oh...I love that toile bench in your prior posting. I repurposed one very similar...just a bit smaller. What fun you gals at Elizabeth & Co. must have together!!!!Have a great evening!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Your post at Cassie's was lovely! :)