Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Little Irish Green

I finished up this green piece today just in time for Saint Patrick's Day!

Temperatures here were in the low 60's. I'd call that lucky!






I just loved the solid, chunky feel of this little chest. It would make a great end table or nightstand. It's a nice departure from all the feminine pieces I'm working on right now - lots of French blues and grays. I almost missed a before picture. My husband came outside to check on me and the next thing I knew he was sanding. He actually likes to sand. Definitely not my favorite part of the job. And doesn't he do a great job? Maybe I can talk him into quitting his day job so he can do all my prep work!








I decided to give spray paint a try on this one, also a departure for me. I think it's because I've been dreaming about a paint sprayer. Yes, literally dreaming about a paint sprayer.









My color of choice was Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch Moss Green in a satin finish.









I liked it so much that I did absolutely no distressing or glazing.

I know, I'm breaking all the rules on this one.









These chunky handles are really cool and very heavy.









I sprayed them with Rust-Oleum's Hammered Black finish.





I finished with a coat of Minwax Wipe-On Poly for durability.
And there you have it, a little Irish green for Saint Patrick's Day!





I hope you're enjoying the luck of the Irish today!


I'm linking to...


craft

The Girl Creative Photobucket

UndertheTableandDreaming



Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

Photobucket Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up     party!

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating Beyond The Picket Fence

linkparty 504 Main





33 comments:

Katie said...

So cute! I love it! And I love where you took the pictures! It's so spring-like! =)

Cassie Bustamante said...

adorable! such a pretty shade of green!

Ellise @ Charles Whyte said...

This looks so classy and well finished, I love it!

Andi said...

love the color! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

That's a great color! Great job.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful! I love the color, I love the knobs, I love it all! Thanks for sharing at The Shabby Nest!
Jen
Scissors & Spatulas

Meagan At Fairly Fabulous said...

love this piece! I'm with you- it's perfect just with paint. No extras needed. Beautiful! I'm your newest follower from the girl creative. stop by my blog sometime if you get a chance meagan @ www.stayathomemeagan.blogspot.com

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

What a cutie! Perfect for today! What kind of sprayer are you thinking about getting? :)

Sarah said...

I really like this color. Cute!!

Dropped Stitch Knitter said...

I love it! The both the paint color and the handles! It really turned out great.

Hideaway Girl said...

Looks fabulous and I LOVE the green! I just used the same spray paint on dresser handles. Good choice! :)

Unknown said...

Dear,
I think I'd better keep my day job for now------
with that job I can take days off for golfing.

Chrissie said...

I love thie color of this piece. I think you were smart not to distress, it keeps the eye focused on the lovely color and lines.

Amanda M. said...

This is GORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

great job. i love the color and the knobs look stunning on it.

LaVonne said...

I love it! I want to start working on some projects after seeing this. Beautiful!

SkinnyMeg said...

Love the color, spray paint is my new bff, it's sooo much easier than rolling it on :) Too bad we can't just mix it up in any color we want!

oops! said...

Looks perfect! I am going to have to try Moss green now! Spray paint is expensive but so much faster than rolling it on! A Sprayer would be Heaven! Hope your dreams come true!

Rachel @the house redeemed said...

That is so beautiful! The color is wonderful. My husband uses a paint sprayer and he swears by it!! Thanks for sharing your project :)

Anonymous said...

I love the color, turned out great!

Kei said...

Such a gorgeous colour! It looks fab!

The Robin and Sparrow said...

Thank you for stopping by my studio for a visit. I love the side table redo! You've inspired me to get busy on three pieces of mine!
~clare

Miss Gracie's House said...

That is such a happy color...love it!
Rene

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

huh what? no distressing, or glazing! :)
I always think that, but then when I do it I'm glad.
Happy that you decided not to on this piece, adorable!
gail

Lindsey said...

Love how this turned out! I really love the hardware. Thanks for sharing!

Holly Lefevre said...

I almost always distress, well, everything...I have to remind myself it does not always need it...case in point. This is gorgeous.

Amy Taylor said...

I love this! What a beautiful color! I featured you over at Just Pleased as Punch . Check it out!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!! The color is a perfect aqua.

Brandy J. said...

I just found your blog and am your newest follower. I LOVE the color of this table. You did an amazing job and have left me totally inspired!

Debbiedoos said...

Fantastic color choice on this piece. It was pretty dreadful before. I love how paint can just bring so much beauty and new life to anything. I thank you so much for joining in on my color my world party.

Anonymous said...

great color! :)

The Single Nester said...

I so love this color and outcome of the project. Lovely!

Rhiannon said...

oooh she would look fab with my stools I just painted!!