I did not get up at 4am, but I did make the muffins and turned on the TV in time to see the happy couple exiting Westminster Abbey.
And no need to wait for a wedding (royal or otherwise), these muffins are melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
With strawberry season just around the corner, you'll definitely want to give these a try!
Strawberries and Cream Mini Muffins
1 cup strawberries, slightly under-ripe and diced
1 squeeze of lemon juice
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 24-cup mini-muffin tin with paper baking cups.
2. Put diced strawberies in a bowl and spritz with lemon juice.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar and baking soda.
4. In a small bowl, beat together oil, sour cream, vanilla and egg. Pour mixture over dry ingredients, stirring to combine. Fold in strawberries.
5. Divide batter evenly in baking cups. Bake 12-14 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
6. Place tin on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins and dust with powdered sugar when cool.
*** I made 12 regular-sized muffins instead of the mini-muffins and baked them for about 18 minutes. Then I dusted them with the powdered sugar and ate them while they were still warm. They were very moist and bursting with fresh strawberry flavor. Delicious!
Were you a royal wedding watcher?