Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Ornament Wreaths

I am the resident wreath-maker at Elizabeth & Co. I just love making them, bows too. I especially love ornament wreaths. Last year Megan and I had a craft day and we each made one of our own.
 
 
You can check out our tutorial here.
 
 
Then in early January, my ornament wreath came crashing down! Ouch! I had used a very small nail in my vintage door and the weight of the wreath pulled the nail right out.
 
 
So yesterday I broke out some more ornaments and made a few repairs. All better! And that nail has been replaced by a hefty screw!
 
 
My blog friend Amanda over at Mommy is Coocoo shares my love of ornament wreaths.
 
 
We featured her Valentine's Day ornament wreath last February. I'm still swooning over that one!
 
 
And Amanda has a wonderful holiday tradition going - an ornament wreath giveaway. How exciting is that! Head on over to Mommy is Coocoo and this lovely wreath could be hanging in your home by Christmas! A winner will be selected on December 8th!
 
 
 
So how is your holiday decorating coming along? I'm hoping to put the finishing touches on my house today. I better get busy!
 
 

15 comments:

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Glad you were able to fix it. It's beautiful.

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

What gorgeous wreaths! So happy you fixed the broken one. Thanks for sharing the tutorial! I'll try to make one this year.

Jody

regan said...

These are all so beautiful! I'm definitely doing one, as I've been saving all the old ornaments that have become the 'extras' after we fill the tree. This will give them new life, out of their boxes! And I'm so glad you were able to fix the broken ones when yours fell. I'd be crushed to think it was ruined.....so I'm glad it was fixable! Thanks for the tutorial!

Cassie Bustamante said...

these are stunning! i haven't made one because i fear the breakage. :(

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Hello Sharon,
I remember your wreath from last year...what a bummer that it came down...I'm sure it will stay put now. I made a small one, but didn't use it this year.

Blessings,
Linda

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

I too love those vintage ornament wreaths! So happy to hear you were able to salvage yours! Amanda's little bell ornament is sooo adorable on her version!

~Chris

Unknown said...

I am completely devastated that your wreath fell. That is one of my WORST nightmares. I also love that you stopped and took a picture. You are such a blogger!!! Thank you so much for featuring my give a way. I am going to share your post on facebook! Hopefully, it'll direct people your way.

I am grateful for you!

Danielle said...

This is beautiful. So glad it was easy to fix.

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Love your beautiful ornament wreath! Glad you were able to save it. And...holiday decorating here?? Not happening! Too panicked about moving in a week ;-)

NanaDiana said...

I absolutely love those ornament wreaths. You could never tell yours is repaired. I don't sign up for many giveaways but I did sign up for that one- xo Diana

Anne said...

Beautiful wreath Sharon! Glad that fall did not ruin it.Sometimes I underestimate the weight on hanging things too!
xx
Anne

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I remember the big crash of January 2012. hahahah
You did a super job repairing it Sharon, it's beautiful again!
I haven't decorated a lick yet. It's been so unseasonably warm here, I just haven't been in the mood.
gail

Jen Kershner said...

My gosh they are all inspiring! I really need one!

20 North Ora said...

Those wreaths are just gorgeous! So pretty. So sorry your's fell. But, it's great that you were able to repair it. Thank goodness.

Judy

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

So much eye candy in your post, Sharon! I love all the wreaths, and the use of the vintage ornaments makes them so very special and gorgeous. I would have been so sad to see that wreath on the floor, but glad you repaired it, because it's just as pretty. The valentine wreath is beautiful as well--what a neat idea! Thank you for your kind words over at my blog, and glad you liked my architectural vintage mantel and blue mist vignette! I had fun decorating the house this year--it's always such a project to do everything, but I am glad when it's all done and we can just enjoy it!