Friday, December 21, 2012

Peace Sheet Music Garland

I haven't had all that much time to share holiday craft projects this month. For some reason, this December just seemed to fly by even faster than usual. But here is a quick and easy version of a sheet music garland that you can whip up in no time at all. I chose the word PEACE for my mantel.
 
 
Old hymnals are usually pretty easy to find, very reasonably priced and are perfect for so many sheet music craft projects.
 

If only seemed appropriate to go to the Christmas section.
 

I just tore out five pages.
 

Then I went to Microsoft Word and printed out a few different fonts and sizes of letters until I was happy. I ended up with Century, size 400. Then I used a glue stick to glue the sheet music on printer paper at the correction position where the letters would print.
 
 
 Once they printed...
 

I just cut them out.
 
 
 These pages were especially cool because they actually had drips of wax on them - see that spot in the lower right corner in the above photo. I could just imagine someone singing these songs by candlelight.
 
 
Then I just punched two holes in each sheet and connected them with red and white bakers twine. I added a little red bell for fun.
 

And that was it - quick and easy!
 

And you could certainly add glitter or other embellishments, but I kind of liked the simplicity.
 
 
 And in case you're wondering, I attached the garland to the mantel with these nifty little Command hooks.
 

They will be so easy to remove.
 

I just covered the hooks with garland. 
 

Our stockings still need to be hung, but the stocking hangers seem to be missing at the moment.
 
 
 But I'm loving the garland and PEACE is exactly what I'm wishing for all of us this holiday season!
 
 
 
I'm linking to... 
More the Merrier Monday Keeping It Simple UndertheTableandDreaming

Glitter, Glue and Paint

  

18 comments:

Dawn said...

Darling idea. Your bunting turned out so cute:)

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

well, aren't you clever! your PEACE banner looks fabulous! I should be doing crafty things since I can't build. It just doesn't come natural to me. hahaha
Merry Christmas Sharon!
gail
ps pinning!

hula-la said...

This is absolutely wonderful. Having a houseful of musicians, I have loads of sheet music, too! And tomorrow, we are going Christmas Caroling...the good old fashion tradition where the people come out of their homes to greet you and sing along with a plate of cookies...(some with wine and shots to keep the cold winter night air at bay until we can get back for hot cocoa). This just made my whole day, as the cookies for the cookie walk tomorrow smell so great ~Christmas is truly in the air...and on earth, Peace and Good Will toward men! Thank you for sharing and inspiring!!! Merry Christmas!

NanaDiana said...

That is a really cute idea, Sharon. I love to use sheet music for things like this- xo Diana

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Sharon,
Darling banner you have here. Merry Christmas to YOU!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

Thanks for sharing this. I just loved it so much .. Have a blessed Christmas

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Love it! Love your mantel too! So pretty! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Katie said...

You have such a beautiful display Sharon! Your PEACE banner turned out great! I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Ali Richardson said...

BEAUTIFUL Sharon!!! Happy holidays :)

Anne said...

So pretty Sharon!I know where did December go?
Merry Christmas!
xx
Anne

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks perfect and i am all about peace!

ohiofarmgirl said...

I love the peace garland...it might be a good thing to hang up after Christmas this year. Dianntha

Unknown said...

I love the music sheets garland, very pretty. Happy Holidays!

Emily @ The Diligent One said...

Well, of course you know I love this banner! And the fact that we have matching mantles. Merry Christmas, Sharon!!

Unknown said...

I love this idea. Beautiful!!!

I'm having a PINTEREST Social hop. I'd love for you to hop on over, grab a button and link up your Pinterest. If you don't have Pinterest it's ok, come link up your blog.

http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/pinterest-party.html

I'm also looking for Pinterest Pinners to feature every week beginning in January. If you are on Pinterest and are interested in being featured come link up! Who knows you might meet some other great pinners and gain a few great ideas.

http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/looking-for-pinners.html

Paula@SweetPea said...

This sign is perfect for Christmas. Thanks for sharing with Throwback Thursday.

Amy Ellis said...

What a cute idea. Easy and vintage: my favorite kind!! Stopping by from Throwback Thursday by the way ~ Amy