Monday, December 31, 2012

Perfect Party Recipe Favorites

 
It's time to ring in the new year and these are two of my
favorite tried and true party recipes. I've shared them before and they are definitely worth repeating. They are both quick, easy and simply delicious!
 
Sparkling Cranberry Punch
 
 
Mix together:
1 bottle champagne or sparkling wine
1 bottle sprite
2 cans frozen cranberry juice

Add ice cubes and frozen cranberries. For a family friendly version, simply omit the champagne or substitute a bottle of sparking grape juice. This recipe is really versatile in that you can change the flavor by experimenting with other flavors of frozen juice and garnish with a complimentary fruit. You really can't go wrong. Cheers!


Sugared Pecans
 
 
 
1 lb. whole pecans (4cups)
1egg white
1 tsp cold water
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
 
Use a fork to beat the egg white with water in a large bowl until frothy, then fold in pecans. Mix sugar, cinnamon and salt together, then mix into pecans. Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour at 250 degrees. Stir occasionally while baking and again when you remove cookie sheet from the oven. Delicious warm, perfect for hostess gifts or goodie bags and they freeze well too. I guarantee rave reviews!
 

Wishing you all good things in 2013!
 
 
I hope all your dreams and wishes come true!
 
 
 

12 comments:

Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

Mmmm... I love candied nuts. Thanks for sharing! Happy New Year!

Leanne said...

Always looking for new goodies to serve, thanks so much! Happy New Year Sharon, you have been such an inspiration to me...I am thinking of having a spring tag sale of my own! Love from Muskoka xo

Our Pinteresting Family said...

That cranberry punch looks so delicious. :) Happy New Year!

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

Ooohhh... champagne punch sounds wonderful!

~Chris

Leslie Harris said...

This is so perfect. I've never had a recipe for candied pecans and I have a huge bag I just bought. We're not entertaining this New Year's but I love them in salads too. Thanks Sharon.
Leslie (aka Gwen Moss)

NanaDiana said...

Those are two wonderful recipes, Sharon. Enjoy your New Year's Eve with your family- xo Diana

Lauren said...

Pecans are in the oven! Thanks for sharing these recipes! Happy New Year!

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Your vintage postcards certainly caught my eye!

Have a Happy New Year 2013!

Debra

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

Those recipes look delicious!
Happy New Year!
Pam

Unknown said...

The nuts and the punch look wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

~Chelsea

http://www.marriedfilingjointly.blogspot.com

Laurel Stephens said...

Hello, Sharon! I'm sorry to say I haven't visited since your post about Megan's dining room way back in early October. I'm so glad to be back and have spent the morning catching up on your gorgeous blog, which (if possible) is better than ever. You brought tears to my eyes with your I Got Junk for Christmas post (sigh...) and again with your Christmas Eve post (double sigh...) I'm a wet mess now! Seriously, thank you for such beauty. Happiest of New Years to you and your family.

Jocie@TheBetterHalf said...

Hey Sharon,
I tried a very similar sparkling Champagne drink for Christmas and it was a hit!

Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year!

Just wondering if you had gotten the invite for the Baltimore Blogger Christmas party on January 11? We have been given amazing door prizes from bunches of companies and should have a good showing of bloggers. Hope you can come!
-Jocie @OneProjectCloser