Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today was my favorite kind of winter day! We got just enough snow overnight to make everything pretty and white, while brilliant sunshine came streaming in through the windows.
Over the holidays, my friend (and faithful blog reader) Stephanie said that I need to share more pictures of my mantel throughout the year. I'm going to try to remember that!
So with the sun shining today, I thought I'd grab the camera and share a few quick pictures of my Valentine's mantel.
I kept it simple with a combination of red for Valentine's Day, green to remind me that spring is right around the corner and lots of silver because it's always pretty!


I love the flicker of candlelight in mercury glass!

I learned how to make the heart pipe cleaner garland from my friend Cassie over at Primitive & Proper.
I made this wreath a few years ago and bring it out again from time to time. It is really big, with four layers of rolled sheet music. It took forever to make. My new version of a ruffled sheet music wreath is much faster to make!

I love when my husband brings me tulips for Valentine's Day! We just celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary and I get a rose for every year we've been married (let me tell you, 34 is a lot of roses), so I really don't need more roses on Valentine's Day.

Not only do I love this message, but I bought it on a shopping adventure with my dear friend Renae. She bought one too. Now it will always remind me of her!


You'll find stacks of old books all over my house.
The typewriter was found in the basement of my husband's office. We claimed it a few years ago for Megan's wedding.
I love to type little messages on it!

The tickets are just fun and whimsical!

The bunny weathervane was a summer clearence find at Target a few year's ago.
I think he just looks good all year round!
And what would Valentine's Day be without a sweet treat? My friend Stephanie also told me that I need to share this recipe on the blog. That's coming up next time!
Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day spent with the people you love!
And if you haven't already entered,
we have a Ramsign Giveaway going on for a few more days!

Sharing with...
504 Main
I'm Not a Trophy Wife
My Repurposed Life
Redoux

26 comments:

Susie said...

Sharon, I loved all your photos. And I am crazy for the typewriter. xoxo,Susie

Cassie Bustamante said...

i just love how full and pretty your wreath looks up there- it's perfect! and yay so glad you made a pipe cleaner garland! easiest thing aver but adds a nice little touch! :)

Laurie said...

I love your vignette, it's so pretty and creative. Love the weather vane, and the wreath is really special.

My Repurposed Life said...

everything looks fabulous, love the touches of red, (books and such)
tulips are a nice touch for vt's day!
34 roses, that's so sweet!

happy valentine's day Sharon!
gail

NanaDiana said...

Sharon- I love your mantle- So very pretty! xo Diana

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Everything look so beautiful, Sharon. I love the typewriter and the bunny especially. :)

Cyndi ✪ Blue Star said...

Just lovely! I LOVE lots of natural sunlight! And your mantle decor is to die for!

Carly said...

Very pretty!

deborah@confessions of a craigslist junkie said...

Very pretty Sharon. What a great find on that typewriter! Hope your Valentine's Day was special.

Ali Richardson said...

SO pretty! That wreath is amazing :) Happy V-day!

Tanya Anurag said...

Pretty... love the touch of green!
Those heart garlands are beautiful.Hope you had a great day.

-Tanya
http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.in

Good Time Charlie said...

It looks so warm and cozy in that room! Love all the old books, we share that love. The heart garland is so sweet. Will have to remember this for next year. Have a lovely weekend. -K

Hetty said...

What can I say, being Dutch I Love those tulips!! You have an eye for detail Sharon.

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

You have such pretty accessories! Your home is lovely.

Artsy Matilda said...

Simply beautiful! Wow! Thanks for sharing. Maybe it'll inspire me to get with it, even if it is cold! Of course, my favorite part is the wreath and how magnificent she looks over your mantle!

Lisa said...

Just lovely - plus a touch of whimsy! Your home is wonderful.
xo,
Lisa

Balisha said...

Oh my gosh! What a pretty room. I would never leave it to get any housework done. Thanks for sharing.
Balisha

Shane Pollard said...

This is beautiful with the sun streaming through the window.
So many lovely elements here, the sweet little green stool, the rabbit - OH it's all the things that make a welcoming home!

The tulips add a reminder that Spring isn't far away!
Shane ♥

Claudia said...

So lovely. I love seeing all the little details you have added to the mantel and the hearth. That pipe cleaner garland is such a neat idea!

Thanks so much for joining in this week!

xo
Claudia

Sally Annie Magundy said...

I love your mantel and your hearth, so very charming! And you've got me all inspired to make a pipe cleaner heart garland.

Happy week to you!

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

What a gorgeous day you had and all your decor around the fireplace is so sweet. You have such a sweet style.
Liz

Deb Hrabik said...

The view of the outdoors through the windows is beautiful. Love the wreath and the bunny weathervane,
Deb

Laurel Stephens said...

What a special treat to see your home for Valentine's Day! I LOVE every single inch of your living room (pin, pin, pin!) The styling of your interesting and beautiful collected objects is a feast for the eyes. Just gorgeous!

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

We did have a wonderful Valentine's Day! Just my sweetie and I, but I made us a favorite soup and salad and we watched a romantic classic movie--fun. I love your mantle, and I am now really determined that sometime in my life I am going to own one of those old typewriters!

Dawn said...

I love all the things on you mantel:) But my favorite part of the whole room was the vintage typewriter. Great space and thanks for linking up at the Cabin.

Unknown said...

awesome