Monday, February 4, 2013

Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made a batch of Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies yesterday afternoon to take to a Super Bowl Party and let me just say, they were worth every single calorie!
 

Even my husband liked them and he's a purist when it comes to chocolate chip cookies - don't mess with the recipe on the back of the little yellow bag!

 
The flavor combination of chocolate chips, soft caramel and a touch of sea salt - pefection!
 
 
I went looking for a dessert recipe in my Pinterest folder, where of course there are more recipes than I'll ever be able to actually make. This one from Two Peas and Their Pod looked like a real crowd pleaser. And not only did I love the flavor combination, but I was intrigued by the secret ingredient for super soft cookies - cornstarch.
 
 
A little crispy on the outside, definitey soft and chewy on the inside. Mmmm, they were amazing warm, right out of the oven. Good thing I'm going to the gym today!
 
 
They were gone before halftime - this recipe is definitely a keeper!
 
Good food, good friends and the home team won!
Way to go Ravens!
 
And how about you, found any new keeper recipes on Pinterest lately?

Sharing with...
Somewhat Simple
 
 
 

13 comments:

Our Pinteresting Family said...

These look delicious! :)

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

GIRL .. YOUR going to get me HEFTY just looking at those cookies.. Talk about YUMO sister... LOVE LOVE LOVE --- I gotta go... make me some cookies...TOODLES

Ali Richardson said...

The title of this post pulled me in like a tractor beam. YUM!

Ali Richardson said...

btw...I have no idea if the word is actually "tractor beam" that's just how it sounds. lol.

Debbie @ MeandMyDIY said...

Oh, I think I saw that cornstarch tip too, but haven't tried it yet. Glad to know it works. And yes, we have the recipe on the back of the yellow bag memorized, so getting the family to try anything else is a tough sell. I might just make these and not say anything until they've tried them! So glad you shared.

Debbie

Twice Nice said...

Those look so delicious! I'm intrigued by the cornstarch in the cookies. I must make some I think!

Emily @ The Diligent One said...

Oh, Sharon, you had me at salted caramel! YUMMO!

Cyndi ✪ Blue Star said...

My mouth is watering! I've pinned this one!

~ Darlene said...

Wow! Your cookies look amazing...I can imagine how they taste! I would be embarrased to ever post a picture of my cookies!! They NEVER look like yours!! I think I will stick to sewing! :)

~ Darlene

Danielle said...

Wow, these look yummy! Would love you to share them at my new link party - Silver Pennies Sundays: http://www.findingsilverpennies.com/2013/02/silver-pennies-sundays-link-party-and.html

the cape on the corner said...

you see, THIS is the way to make choc chip cookies. i am loving anything with salt and dessert these days!

My Repurposed Life said...

although they look delicious, I don't like to mix salty and sweet. :) even though I love both.

I guess I'm on the hubby's side.

gail

boulevardsg said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
bars in Singapore