Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Pretty Pair of Chairs

I have a pretty little chair makeover for you this time around.


I picked up this pair at an estate sale just before our early spring tag sale. I didn't have time to give them a makeover before the sale, so I decided to put a tag on them just in case someone wanted to take them home and enjoy their vintage goodness. But they didn't sell and I was fine with that. I was excited to give them a fresh new look!


I was surprised to find stripes lurking under the needlepoint covers.

 
The fabric and padding were in great shape, so I just added a layer of batting and some pretty new fabric. The batting was for softness and I wanted to be sure those stripes didn't show through my fabric.



 
The chairs were painted in Behr's Silky White mixed up with the homemade chalk paint recipe, lightly distressed and waxed.


And isn't that just the cutest fabric?


Sweet little birdies!


I love the fresh new look!
We'll see if they sell this time around. Our spring sale is just three weeks away!


I'm sharing with ...
 

18 comments:

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

Always happy to see when you come by, Sharon!!
You always amaze me with your furniture make overs! Those chairs don't even look like they couldn't been from the original.
I have a few pieces of furniture that I want to paint, but need some advice. Maybe I can email you and pick your brain soon.
Have a beautiful week!
Suzanne

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Darling! I am a huge fan of that fabric...I have used it in green before!

Unknown said...

Fresh and pretty! I'm sure they'll sell right away.
Blessings,
Patti

Leslie Harris said...

What a great makeover Sharon. These chairs will go fast, they're so pretty and fresh looking now.

Susan - Uniquely Yours or Mine said...

I love them! They're so fresh and pretty looking!

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

So pretty! Love the color and bird design of the fabric!!

NanaDiana said...

Those are really, really, really cute, Sharon. Great fabric choice, too! xo Diana

Laurel Stephens said...

No way! Three weeks?!?! That's adorable fabric!

RPK Interiors said...

I did a set of 4 shield back dining room chairs when I first started painting and thought I would never finish them...all of the detail between the slats. But yours are so beautiful, makes me forget the 'pain' and want to take a stab at it again! :)
Robin

Sincerely Carmen said...

Beautiful chairs! Great makeover!

My Repurposed Life said...

I love the new look of your chairs Sharon! :)

I'm anxious to work on some projects, it's been a crazy week around here... busy, but nothing completed. :(

have a great weekend!
gail

Unknown said...

So fresh and pretty, and I love the fabric. Hoping you enjoy your weekend.

pam {simple details} said...

Such a pretty makeover, Elizabeth! They look so bright and fresh, and that fabric is the perfect choice for spring! Thanks for sharing at Best of the Nest!

Twice Nice said...

Beautiful and they definitely say Spring to me! Yea for Spring finally!

Mindie Hilton said...

You made it look easy. The chairs look so nice. Please come share at the Anything Goes Bacon Time linky, if you have not already.

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

Love the fresh new look of your beautiful chairs Sharon. What a difference white paint and some light and cheery fabric can make! They caught my eye at the Bouquet of Talent Party.
Marie @ The Interior Frugalista

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

So bright and cheerful, love them! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday...
Blessings,
Cindy

Lou Lou Girls said...

I love your chairs! The colors look amazing! Pinned. Thanks for being part of our party. I hope you will stop by on Monday at 7 pm and party with us. We love having you. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
Happy Saturday! Lou Lou Girls