Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Coral With A Touch Of Gold, Again

I loved this coral and gold combination so much the first time I used it, I had to do it again!
 
 
You might remember this dresser that I painted a few weeks ago for Emily's nursery.
 

Emily picked this yummy shade called Coral Expression for her dresser.  It had a laminate top, so I primed first, then used Behr Premium Plus Ultra and finished up with a few coats of Wipe On Poly. I kept it clean and modern with no distressing.
 
 
I knew this curvy vintage dresser would look great in the same color, but I took a slightly different approach.
 


This time around, I mixed up some homemade chalk paint.
 

I distressed the edges and finished up with a coat of Fiddes & Sons clear wax.


I loved the original hardware on this this piece and just gave it a glow with a little Rub 'n Buff in Antique Gold.


I always allow some of the original finish to show through for a more naturally aged look.

 
Pretty, right?


This was one of my winter sunroom painting projects.



So there you have it, coral with a touch of gold, again!
 

22 comments:

Number Fifty-Three said...

I love this combo! I did one dresser like it last summer and have been waiting to find another one to recreate it. So pretty!

Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

Unknown said...

Another one of my favs. I love that color!Come share on my Chic By You Link Party @ http://chicbytab.blogspot.ca/2014/04/chic-by-you-wednesday-link-party-6.html. Hope to see you there!

Audra @ Renewed Projects said...

Love those drawer pulls, so elegant! You nailed it on the color! I like that you use the inside of your home to paint. My hunny gets annoyed sometimes by my "crafting clutter." Glad I'm not the only one! lol

Mimi@blueroofcabin said...

Lovely job! I am really smitten with coral right now. Just might have to try it ;)

NanaDiana said...

I love the hardware and the curve of the front of it. Great job, Sharon-as always! xo Diana

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Just lovely!

Cassie Bustamante said...

love it! i saw it in your pics from the sale and was drooling then, but up close even prettier!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

It is gorgeous! Love the coral!!

My Repurposed Life said...

Wow! That's so pretty, love how you did the hardware Sharon. Great job!
gail

Robin Johnson said...

Gorgeous!

RPK Interiors said...

It's gorgeous...Love the coral...and the hardware..oh my! I just hauled most of my DIY stuff back out to the garage...Hopefully we can get those interior rooms back to normal & no more freezing temps for awhile! :)
Robin

Twice Nice said...

How refreshing that color is! Especially since we are getting snow this evening. Come on Spring however we can get it!

Maria Elena said...

Oh, my! This is gorgeous! What a beautiful color. Love the hardware. Very pretty. Enjoy your weekend. Maria

Unknown said...

Just beautiful - I'm seeing a lot of coral - think I'm going to have to do something in this amazing color -
And the gold hardware accents it perfectly -
Love this!
XOXO

Susan - Uniquely Yours or Mine said...

Sooo beautiful! the coral and gold are perfect and I just adore those handles!

Unknown said...

I just love the color! I have been wanting to paint a piece this color too.

Melanie, LostandFoundDecor.com said...

So cute! And the perfect size.

Melanie, LostandFoundDecor.com said...

So cute! And the perfect size.

Kahli said...

Love this dresser so much that I have to pin it! That color is gorgeous. Who doesn't love a great coral. And rub n buff is the best thing ever to revive hardware!

Lisa said...

Sharon! I haven't been out much lately, so I am so glad I stopped by this morning! This is so unbelievably pretty! The pics aren't all of the same color are they? Is the color on the antique dresser Coral Expression? I will be thinking about this dresser all day!! :)
Lisa

Good Time Charlie said...

Sharon this is so beautiful. I can't get enough of this color! Featuring tomorrow at my party. Thank you!

Blissful & Domestic said...

I'm in love with this color! I'll be featuring this on the B and D facebook page this weekend. Thanks for linking up to the Feature Friday Link Party!