Thursday, October 16, 2014

A little black painting frenzy!

Fall is such a gorgeous time of year to be outside painting! I'm taking full advantage and trying to finish up all the random bits and pieces in my garage. I'm also using up all those half empty cans of paint before it gets really cold. Well as you can see, I had some black paint on hand and went on a little black painting frenzy!
 
 Have you ever walked around with a wet paint brush pondering ..... 
hmmm, what else can I paint with this color?
 
A cute little Windsor rocker perhaps?
 

Or maybe a couple of accent shelves?


An awesome captain's desk chair?
This one is silky smooth  with a dark wax finish!


I had a shelf just like this one at our last sale. It was painted in a cottage green and sold in a snap. Hopefully this one will find a happy home too. Can't you just picture it decorated for Christmas? Perfect for hanging stockings!



And this little piece is so versatile!
It would make a sophisticated little vanity.


Or a great little accent table in a foyer!
Don't you love those curves?

 
And paired with a chair, it would make a darling little desk!


So there you go, I finished up six little pieces and used up all my black paint!
 
Winter's coming and I'm making progress!

I'm sharing with ...
My Repurposed Life
Finding Silver Pennies

23 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Good job, Sharon. That is funny- I was just down in the basement with my daughter today and I said- I REALLY need to use up some of this paint! lol I have SO much..and yes- I walk around wondering what else I can paint when I get on a roll. xo Diana

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Each piece is so pretty painted black, I'll be painting a dresser black soon glad you posted these pieces so I can get inspired to paint:)

Unknown said...

I love these pieces! And they all look great in black. I was looking for a small, dainty desk just like yours not too long ago to use as a vanity, beautifully done!

Kim said...

These all look great black. I really like the little curvy desk.

Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I had to chuckle at your question...Why, yes! I do wander/look around and start painting anything within range... Often that is how I end up with my favorite makeovers/projects.... Looking at your post, the same must be true for you... Lovely pieces....

Cassie Bustamante said...

i always love black- it's sophisticated and a neutral! i love that little desk!

Susan - Uniquely Yours or Mine said...

Wow! You've been busy and motivated! Pall of the pieces look great, but I like the cute rocker the best!

priscilla said...

Love all your new painted pieces ! Love the black !

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Everything looks so great in the black. I love that sweet little rocker.

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

Way to go Sharon! Black is such a grounding color for any room and who doesn't love a black piece of furniture? Love all of your pieces but I think the rocking chair is my fav!
Have a great weekend!
XO Barbara

Laurel Stephens said...

I love a piece (or three) of black furniture in my rooms. Sometimes black just says it best! :) I especially like it on spindles, and I'm in love with your versatile little table.

Danielle @thepaintedwillows said...

I'm loving all the black! Your making me want to go paint something black too :) I especially like the curvy accent table!

Hetty said...

Great idea to paint it black.
Makes the furniture look so elegant!

Unknown said...

Love the black also but new to trying to paint furniture and wondering how you get very thing so smooth with those little spindles in there?!!
Thanks for sharing the fun ideas.

RPK Interiors said...

Oh no....cold weather is coming, isn't it? Love all of the black pieces....you can never go wrong with an accent of black in a room!

Leslie Harris said...

Thanks Sharon you just helped me decide what colt to paint my buffer. Black is so classic. Also isegan getting baby Clare a Halloween costume? I think Michael was 8 months when I dressed him like Winnie the Pooh. :)

Gypsy Heart said...

I love using black and these pieces are beautiful! Do you mind sharing what kind of paint you used?

xo
Pat

Unknown said...

Black paint seems to work on so many pieces, as you have shown us. My mother used to say that "every room needs a little black" and I think she was right. I have a vintage dressing table similar to the one you painted black...I may copy your "paint it black" idea...also like the idea of using it as a hall table.
Have a great week!
Cheryl

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin Johnson said...

Wow, you sure have been making the most of these last few days of good weather. Love that captain's chair... so fabulous painted black.

My Repurposed Life said...

whoa! you've been a busy girl! You better take it easy on that shoulder. :)

loving all the black furniture pieces. The desk and the windsor chair are my favs!

gail

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Sharon....every. one. of those pics will be snapped up at the blink of an eye! I LOVE them all!!

Sometimes nothing is safe from a ready paint brush!! ;)

The Painted Drawer said...

Beautiful in black! That vanity is timeless.