Thursday, October 23, 2014

Deep Dark Moody Gray Dresser

I'm really loving this deep dark moody shade of gray!
 
 
This one started out just a little rough around the edges, but strong and solid. It's one of those surprisingly heavy pieces!
 
 
It's that time of year when I'm finishing up the paint colors I have on hand. I've previously used this color on a pair of end tables and it's one of my favorites. I especially love the distressed edges against the gray. The color is Pencil Point from Behr and I mixed it with the chalk paint recipe on both projects.
 
 

I did the usual prep - sanding and washing. Then two coats of paint and three coats of wipe on poly.


I thought a little sparkle was in order with a mix of glass knobs.
 

 
Cute little feet, don't you think?
 
 
I think the deep dark moody gray is really sophisticated and it's definitely a color I will use again!
 
 
Next time you see this one, it will be all decked out for our holiday open house. Yes, we are knee deep in Christmas around here!

I'm sharing with ...
The Shabby Nest
My Repurposed Life
DIY by Design
Place Of My Taste
The Hankful House
 

13 comments:

DD's Cottage said...

I like the Moody grey too Sharon-great job and the knobs are great!

Cassie Bustamante said...

love that color! it's gorgeous! what a beautiful dresser it is now.

RPK Interiors said...

Love the legs, great color and the knobs add the perfect amount of sparkle! Very lovely...
Robin

Leslie Harris said...

I agree, it is sophisticated, especially with those glass knobs. You're so good at making those little changes that really make a piece look totally different.

NanaDiana said...

I like that gray- I think it sets a real MOOD!;>) The glass knobs on that piece add just the right amount of sparkle. xo Diana

Susan - Uniquely Yours or Mine said...

Love it! That gray is perfect I'm sure it will sell fast!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

So beautiful, Sharon!

Debra said...

Such a lovely colour.

Hetty said...

Love that grey too Sharon!!

My thrift store addiction said...

Lovely Sharon! I am quite smitten with gray these days :) Blessings, Cecilia

The Painted Drawer said...

Oh, Sharon - I just love this. So beautiful!

One More Time Events said...

Love the shade of Grey...I have been adding grey to my home and love it. You did a beautiful job

Gypsy Heart said...

LOVE this piece! I'd love to have it living with me. :)

xo
Pat